Applicants seeking Admission to Five Towns College must complete the following items:
- Complete the entire Admissions Application (Including handwritten personal statement and parent/guardian signature if applicant is under 21)
- Attach $35 Application Fee (cash, check, money order or credit card)
- Have all high school and college transcripts (if applicable) sent to the Admissions Office. Students who have completed the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) must submit a copy of their diploma indicating the score*
- All students must submit their SAT and/or ACT scores
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required (You may ask your guidance counselor, classroom teacher, member of the community of your present employer)
- Music and Theatre students must audition. Musical Theatre applicants must complete both a Music and a Theatre audition (See audition requirements)
- Have all immunization records forwarded to Five Towns College
Five Towns College Admissions Standards
|SAT Scores (Old)||900|
|SAT Scores (New)||1350|
*The Admissions Committee may require additional information to make a decision, especially if an applicant has poor high school grades, weak SAT/ACT scores or has a received a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
The placement test consists of a series of examinations in reading comprehension, written English, arithmetic and elementary algebra. A writing sample is also required.
Applications that clearly meet or exceed the College’s admission requirements are notified on a rolling admission basis and generally receive decisions within four weeks after receipt of a completed application.
Acceptance letters are mailed to the candidate at which time a $500.00 refundable tuition deposit is required.
Once accepted, all students must submit documentation of immunization as mandated by the New York State Public Health Law. Students born after January 1, 1957, must submit documentation of immunization to Measles (2 doses), Mumps, Rubella and complete a meningitis response form.
Prospective students who plan to apply for scholarships or other financial aid should have their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted as soon as possible.
Well-qualified students for whom Five Towns College is their first choice, must submit their application, all supporting material, and meet audition and interview requirements on or before December 1st.
In order to apply under Five Towns College’s Early Decision Program, students must sign the Early Decision Agreement stating that if accepted early, all other college applications will be withdrawn and the student will attend Five Towns College. Once the Early Decision Agreement has been signed, a student will be guaranteed on-campus housing.
Advanced Placement and College Credit
Advanced Placement and credit will be granted by Five Towns College to qualified students based on a score of 3 or better on the Advanced Placement Examination of the College Entrance Examination Board. Official score reports must be forwarded to the Admissions Office in order to be granted credit.
Entering freshman who have completed college coursework while still in high school are required to have their official transcripts sent to the Admissions Office in order to be considered for credit. Credit is awarded for grades of “C” or higher.
Transfer credit will be granted for appropriate courses completed at previous institutions of higher learning as long as they are courses offered at Five Towns College.
College credits earned at other regionally accredited institutions or in the Regents College Degrees Program with a grade of “C” or better may be considered for transfer credit. (A maximum of 60 credits for students wishing to receive a Baccalaureate Degree and 30 credits for students wishing to receive an Associate Degree)