Five Towns College Theatre Division Welcomes
Theatre Arts Students for the Spring and Fall 2022!
We look forward to meeting you!
Find Your Creative Pathway to a College Degree in Acting,
Musical Theatre or Design/Technology!
- For several years, the College has actively participated in the Unified Auditions across the country. We interviewed many talented, potential students in Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City. The esteemed Chair of the Theatre Arts Division, David Krasner, Ph.D. has raved about the many incredible and talented students he has met across the country; having had the opportunity to coach and guide them during the audition process.
- This year, Five Towns College intends to participate at the UA in NYC and Chicago but is always available to interview and meet with prospective students on campus. The College also expects to participate at the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and other college fairs online; so be sure to visit our website and find out more.
- Five Towns College is attending the Unified Auditions. Here are the details:
- (1) On Saturday, January 29 and Sunday, January 30, 2022,; 9am-6pm, the UA are conducted at Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Avenue, 16th floor, Studio 16A, in New York City.
- (2) On Monday-Thursday, February 7-10, 2022; 9am-6pm, the UA are conducted at Palmer House Hilton, Salon 10, Chicago, Illinois.
- Auditions will be scheduled in 15 minutes slots. Check back for more info later this semester.
Five Towns College Unified Audition Requirements
- Performance / training resume
- Head shot (should not exceed 8×10 in size)
Acting Audition Guidelines:
- Applicants are asked to present two contrasting, two-minute, memorized monologues from works of established playwrights, including at least one contemporary selection
- Choose a character that is close to your age range
- The monologues should be realistic (no dialects and/or character voices)
- Monologues must be fully memorized
Musical Theatre Audition Guidelines:
- One song, memorized and prepared
- There won’t be an accompanist, so please bring devices to play the music
- A contemporary monologue — no longer than two-minute in length — that must be chosen from a published play by an established playwright. See acting audition requirements.
You will receive ACTING and SINGING COACHING at the audition.
We want you to evaluate us as much as we evaluate you. Providing you with coaching allows you to see how we work.
We look forward to meeting you and for you to learn more about us-on our campus, or virtually- at your convenience!