Health Testing Information and Records: HouseMD and Other Provider Reports
COVID testing requirements have been established for the College community as we prepare to reopen for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Pre-Semester Testing mandatory testing requirements have been established for every member of the college community.
- Mandatory additional testing requirements have been established for resident students and staff on 30-day intervals.
- Voluntary and Random sampling testing requirements have been established for commuter students, faculty and Non-Resident Life Staff.
Testing requirements are addressed in greater detail on page 14 of the College Reopening Plan (page 28 of the PDF File).
Additional information about testing requirements can be addressed to: CAMPUSEVENTS@FTC.EDU
Health Records and Testing Reports/Results should be submitted to: HEALTHRECORDS@FTC.EDU
HOUSE MD TESTING
- The College is offering testing services through House MD, which will offer both on-campus and in-home testing options and automatically submit your results to the College. Please carefully read the information below if you are interested in this convenient testing option.
- Please be advised that all individuals who submit tests results to the College via firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org with Covid-19 test results that these will be shared with our partner House MD for the sole purpose of creating a college-wide summary report in which no personal identifying information will be released. By doing this, all individuals consent to this process.
To participate in testing with House MD, you must first register by:
- Calling House MD at 631.636.6888; or
- Visiting their website at housemdvisit.com. Once you are on the website, access the Five Towns College Hotlink located on the right side of the page. You can book an appointment for yourself and members of your family if you wish. This is what the Hotlink looks like:
House MD Visit and Testing Options
- In-Home Visits
Five Towns College faculty, staff, and students can utilize the dedicated Hotlink or Hotline to easy scheduling with a Board-Certified medical provider, who will come to your home for COVID RNA swabbing and antibody testing. If you need a result soon and cannot wait for the next available Pop-Up clinic on campus, this may be your best option.
- Five Towns College Pop-Up Clinic for COVID Testing
House MD will offer on-campus testing at Five Towns College for members of our community who are pre-registered. On-campus testing will be offered on the following dates throughout the Fall 2020 semester:
- Wednesday, August 12, 2020
- Monday, August 24, 2020; 9am-4pm
- Monday, September 14, 2020
- Thursday, October 22, 2020; 9:00am-1:00pm (Downbeat)
- Friday, October 23, 2020; 9:00am-1:00pm (Downbeat)
- November Dates: To be determined.
House MD can provide the following additional services:
- Clinical Assessments for Faculty, Students, and Staff
- Dedicated as needed health assessment through House MD physicians and allied health professional staff can be scheduled at any time.
- Full medical history and evaluations performed via House MD’s HIPAA secure tele medicine platform, or in-person visits to the patients’ home or campus for a more thorough examination.
- STAT Urgent Care, Repeat COVID-19 Testing, Quarantine Oversight, Sick and Fit to Return to Campus Guidance and Notes.
- House MD doctors and PA’s will provide STAT visits and health recommendations.
- Repeat Nasal Swabbing or Labs for patients with exposure or symptoms of COVID-19
- Quarantine Assessment and Fit to Return to School Notes for members of the College community who are positive, may have been exposed, or are required to be quarantined after returning to campus from a Hot Zone.
- House MD is also available for any other health concerns, if needed.
All visits are covered by your current health insurance. Please have your health insurance card ready when you call to schedule an appointment.
Please remember, you have other testing options, as set forth in the Five Towns College Plan for Reopening. Five Towns College is not a medical provider and makes this information available to you for your convenience. It is your responsibility to consider your health options and to select your own health providers. Five Towns College is not affiliated with House MD in any way.
ADDITIONAL TESTING OPTIONS
For members of the College community who wish to make their own testing arrangements, you are able to explore this option as well. The New York State Department of Health maintains a directory of approved COVID-19 testing facilities in all 50 states. Should you wish to find a testing center, please visit their website to explore available options near you.
Test results must include the following information in order to be accepted:
- The name and location of the facility that you received your testing
- The manner of the test (nasal swab, saliva test)
- The date that the test was conducted
- The result of the test (positive/negative)
- Stamp/signature from the doctor/facility coordinating the test
Once your results are received, you are responsible for submitting them to the appropriate representative on campus. Test results can be submitted to: HEALTHRECORDS@FTC.EDU