Five Towns College
Title IX Compliance and Requirements
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
In compliance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and other federal, state and local laws, and in accordance with institutional values, Five Towns College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability in the administration of any of its educational programs and activities or in its employment practices. Also, Five Towns College does not discriminate on the basis of alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity), marital partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status in its employment practices. Further, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Five Towns College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the Five Towns College Title IX Coordinator or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights (OCR),New York—Region II, 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005
Title IX states, in part, that: “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance…”
Here is the information required under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 for the
Five Towns College Title IX Coordinator:
Name/Title: Dana Gioe, J. D.
Office Address: FTC, Room 106A
Telephone Number: (631) 656-2189
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Job Title: Attorney; Assistant Professor, Business/Liberal Arts
Deputy Title IX Coordinators:
- Dr. Jennifer Albert, FTC Room# 104A, (631) 656-2128, Jennifer.email@example.com, Dean of Students/Director of HEOP
- Janet Kaplan, J.D., FTC Room # 501, (631) 656-2129, firstname.lastname@example.org, Compliance and Strategic Initiatives
- Thomas O’Boyle, M.B.A., FTC Residence Hall-Symphony office, (631) 656-2126, Thomas.email@example.com, Associate Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life
- Krysti O’Rourke, FTC Room #307F, (631) 656-2163, Krysti.firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Career Services
- James Ryan, FTC Room# 104A, (631) 656-2127, James.email@example.com, Associate HEOP Director
Click Here for Five Towns College Title IX: Grievance Policy and Procedures, Resources and Rights.
Title IX Resource Guide For more information on notices of nondiscrimination, please review:
• 34 C.F.R. §§ 106.8(a), 106.9;
• Notice of Nondiscrimination (August 2010), available at http://www.ed.gov/ocr/docs/nondisc.pdf
• Dear Colleague Letter: Title IX Grievance Procedures, Postsecondary Education (August 4, 2004), available
New York State “Enough is Enough” Legislation signed by Governor Andrew Cuomo July 2015:
Five Towns College adopts and fully incorporates the provisions of the New York State law, Enough is Enough. Included, in part, are provisions related to the definition of affirmative consent, amnesty policy, Students’ Bill of Rights, comprehensive training requirements, and reporting requirements to the State Education Department. Five Towns College is committed to full implementation of this important statute. For more information about the statute, visit https://www.ny.gov/programs/enough-enough-combating-sexual-assault-college-campuses.
Further, Five Towns College institutional policies set forth the provisions of the law here: http://www.ftc.edu/institutional-policies/