Five Towns College Mission Statement
Five Towns College orchestrates a lifelong pursuit of learning that fosters a commitment to ethical, intellectual, and social values. Dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching and scholarship, the College celebrates the worlds of music, media, business, teaching, the performing arts, and the entertainment industry. By integrating rigorous academic inquiry, research, and practical experience, the College prepares graduates to be articulate and imaginative participants in our democratic society.
Five Towns College nourishes in its students a global perspective through distinctive curricula that combine content expertise with a general education program. By bringing students and faculty together in a creative community, the College facilitates an environment that respects both individuality and diversity, while challenging students to expand their unique talents to the fullest.
Five Towns College created a set of objectives to help students succeed in achieving their personal academic goals:
- To foster a learning environment that encourages individual and collaborative creativity and respects the differences of others.
- To develop in undergraduate students college-level proficiencies in general education.
- To develop in undergraduate students content expertise consistent with their career objectives.
- To strengthen graduate students’ professional-level proficiencies in content-specific areas.
- To promote a lifelong commitment to learning and professional development through curricular and extracurricular offerings that nourish a community of artists and scholars.