How to Apply to Graduate School
The Five Towns College Admissions Office oversees the admission process for graduate programs. FTC Admissions Representatives are ready to assist you with the admissions process, your online application, and any questions you may have about applying. The Graduate Music Division offers students opportunities to study, perform and participate in ensembles, masterclasses, and more. Inquire about the Graduate Music Studies Incentive (GMSI) and the Graduate Music Educators’ Performance Initiative (GMEPI), too.
Admission decisions are based on a comprehensive assessment of an applicant’s potential for graduate work. Please review the admissions requirements below as you prepare your documents and begin your Graduate School Application.
Contact us today for help during the application process.
Master’s applicants must complete the following items:
- Complete the Graduate School Application. Click here to fill out the application online.
- Attach a $50 application fee (Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, money order, or credit card.) This fee will be waived if the application is submitted online.
- Send all official undergraduate and previous graduate college transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Submit a Personal Statement regarding your goals, values and accomplishments.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Immunization records will be required upon acceptance.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree in Education must present proof of their NYS teaching certification.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree in Music are required to audition. Download the Music Audition Requirements (PDF).
Doctoral program applicants must complete the following items:
- Complete the Doctorate Admissions Application.
- Attach a $50 application fee. (Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, money order or credit card.)
- Send all official undergraduate and graduate college transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Submit a Research Essay of at least 1,500 words on a musical subject of your choice. (Citations and references must be included.)
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation via the Official Five Towns College Recommendation Forms (PDF).
- Immunization records will be required upon your acceptance.
- Applicants for a Doctorate in Musical Arts degree in music are required to audition on their major instrument or voice and piano. Download the DMA Audition Requirements (PDF).