Statement of Accessibility
February 8, 2019
Five Towns College continues its commitment to providing a website accessible to the largest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. In order to further this commitment, Five Towns College staff contracted an independent third-party (Promet Source) for an accessibility audit and review according to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA guidelines.
On February 8, 2019, Promet Source will begin a manual review of the Five Towns College website and digital properties at https://www.ftc.edu/.
Additionally, on February 8, 2019, Promet Source will begin its automated review of the Five Towns College website and its digital properties contained therein. The automated review will provide a comprehensive list of any compliance issues in addition to warnings. The properties involved will be provided as a sitemap (available upon request). The automated review will provide a comprehensive list of any compliance issues in addition to warnings.
Due to Five Towns College’s integration with external vendors, areas within the site remain beyond Five Towns College’s control. These elements include (but is not limited to):
- Arne Franken (All in one Favicon)
- Ashley Sheinwald (Simple Twitter Tweets)
- Automattic (Akismet Anti-Spam)
- Dan Lester (PDF Embedder)
- Daniele De Santis (WP Add Custom CSS)
- David Smith (Gravity Perks, GP Preview Submission)
- Dustin Twyman (Adwords Tracking Code)
- Elliot Condon (Advanced Custom Fields PRO)
- Enrico Battocchi (Duplicate Post)
- Frank Goossens (Autoptimize)
- Graffino (Custom Post Type Maker)
- gravity+ (Gravity Forms Utility)
- HBJitney, LLC (Add Code to Head)
- IP2Location (IP2Location Country Blocker)
- Jeff Starr (Disable Gutenberg)
- John Parks (Gravity Forms No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA)
- Jonathan Christopher (Duplicate Menu)
- Jordi Canals, Kevin Behrens (Capability Manager Enhanced)
- John Havlik (Breadcrumb NavXT)
- Klavasoft (WP AntiDDOS)
- Kodie Grantham (Gravity Forms Repeater Add-On)
- Kreatura Media (LayerSlider)
- Mark Jaquith (Page Links To)
- Never5 (Download Monitor)
- New Concepts Software (Ticket Sales)
- Nsp Code (Post Types Order)
- Online ADA (Accessibility Suite)
- rocketgenius (Gravity Forms)
- Russell Aaron (Query All The Post Types)
- SM WordPress Youtube Live Stream (Youtube Live Stream Auto Embed)
- Swift Ideas Theme (Dante Theme)
- Team Yoast (Yoast SEO)
- The WP Ninjas (Ninja Announcements)
- ThemePunch (Slider Revolution)
- Thomas Geiger (Google Tag Manager for WordPress)
- Time.ly (All-in-One Event Calendar)
- Tobias Bäthge (TablePress Extension)
- Twitter (Embedded Content)
- Vasyl Martyniuk (Advanced Access Manager)
- WebAware (SSL Insecure Content Fixer)
- WebCodingPlace (Responsive Posts Carousel)
- WPMU DEV (Smush)
- YouTube (Embedded Content)
Until the integration with these external vendors is resolved, Five Towns College can only achieve a partial level of conformance according to WCAG.
Once Promet Source has concluded its accessibility audit, it will provide the results to Five Towns College. Five Towns College is actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of the website and in doing so adheres to many of the available standards and guidelines.
Five Towns College does not discriminate in its education and employment programs on the basis of religion, age, race, color, national origin, gender, marital or parental status, or disability and complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
In order to further our commitment to nondiscrimination, we are continuing to work on the website in order to ensure the site conforms to level Double-A World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Such guidelines detail best practices for ensuring assistive technology users can access the site. The guidelines also make the site more user friendly for all people.
Should anyone find information or functionality which is inaccessible, please contact our I.T. Department at 631-656-3150 or via email at email@example.com. We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate.
Any individual who believes material on this site is inaccessible and is considered to be a violation of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and/or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may file a written grievance by email using the steps below.
At a minimum, the written grievance should include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact information (email and telephone number)
- The date of the complaint
- A description of the problem encountered
- The URL (web address) or location of the problem page
- Solution desired
The written grievance should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.