The Registrar’s Office provides all students with registration for classes, whether those classes are offered on or off campus. The Registrar’s Office also assists in the scheduling of classes and in the assignment of classrooms. Additionally, the experienced and skilled professionals in the Office regularly answer questions about degree programs, faculty, and courses. As a part of the FTC registration process, the Registrar’s Office also evaluates transfer credits and ensures that all student records are maintained in compliance with FERPA and other relevant College policies and procedures.

Request for Transcripts

Requests for official transcripts are processed by the Registrar’s Office in partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts can be ordered online by clicking on this link. Once your order is received it will be processed and can take several days before delivery depending on the delivery method chosen. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your order you may email


Monday–Friday, 9:00am–5:00pm

tel. 631.656.3100

Important Information

Program Changes

After FTC registration, students may apply for program changes for valid reasons at the beginning of a semester. To change a program, students are required to secure the approval of their Academic Advisor, complete an official Change of Program Request, pay the designated fee in the Bursar’s Office, and file the completed form in the Registrar’s Office. Such changes are not recorded on the transcript, and no change of program may be made after the first week of a semester.

Repeating Courses

Courses may be repeated once where a grade of “F,” “WU,” “D+” or “D” has been earned. In such cases, the higher grade will be computed in the student’s grade point average (G.P.A.) and the lower grade will remain on the transcript without credit or without being computed in the cumulative G.P.A. Students who fail to earn a passing grade in a required course after two attempts may be required to withdraw from a program of study.


Students who have interrupted their studies for any length of time without having been approved for a “Leave of Absence” or who do not resume their studies at the expiration of a “Leave of Absence” are deemed to have surrendered their matriculated status.

Students who have lost their matriculated status in this manner, or who have previously been dismissed from the College for any reason, must file an “Application for Readmission” if they seek to return to the College. Unless permission is otherwise granted, readmitted students are governed by the College Catalog in publication at the time of readmission.

Withdrawal From College

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from a course or courses are required to notify their academic advisors, secure their approval, and complete the necessary forms. Program change fees must be paid the Bursar’s Office and the completed forms must be presented to the Registrar’s Office before a student can be considered officially withdrawn from a course or courses.

After FTC registration and during the semester, students may withdraw from courses without penalty until the last day of class. During this time period, they will receive a “W,” which is not computed in their grade point average (G.P.A.).

A student who has not filed an official Withdrawal Form and who has been excessively absent will be assigned a grade of “WU” (Unofficial Withdrawal), which is equivalent, to an “F” grade.

Leave of Absence

Students who find it necessary to take a temporary leave of absence from their program of study must file a “Leave of Absence Application” and seek approval of the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Committee. Recipients of financial aid, in the form of grants, scholarships, or loans, are reminded that a Leave of Absence does not in and of itself constitute a waiver of the College’s Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress. A waiver must be applied for separately in accordance with published College policy.

Students applying for a Leave of Absence for a semester in progress are cautioned to consult with the Financial Aid Office before making application. A Leave of Absence may be granted for one or two semesters depending upon the circumstances. Returning students may be required to demonstrate continued proficiency in their major field.

Email Usage and Notification

All Five Towns College students are provided with an official email address after the initial FTC registration process is complete. Students are expected to check their Five Towns College email regularly for official notices and other important information.

Students will be deemed to have received notifications from the College whenever these notifications arrive in a student’s email account. Students should not depend upon the delivery by the United States Postal Service of most of the College’s official notifications. In addition, the College does not make accommodations to deliver email notifications to non-Five Towns College email addresses, such as,,, etc.

Student Directory Information

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a college may designate certain information about its students as “Directory Information.” Such information is defined as data for a specific student that may be released to the public (e.g., in newspapers, college publications, website pages) without that student’s permission, unless the student completes a written request that her/his information not be released to the public.

The information Five Towns College identifies as “Directory Information” is listed below:

  1. Student’s Name
  2. Student’s Enrollment Status (i.e., the student is or is not currently an enrolled student at the College)
  3. Student’s Program of Study (i.e., B.F.A. Film/Video, B.P.S. Business Management)
  4. Honors and Awards Received (e.g., Dean’s Honor List, Valedictorian, Phi Sigma inductee)
  5. Graduation Status (e.g., Student graduated in 2009 with a BFA degree in Film/Video)
  6. Photographs, Videotapes & Audiotapes Without Any Personally Identifiable Information

Five Towns College will not release any student contact information, such as a phone number, email address or home address, or other types of information on a student without that student’s specific written authorization.