Things To Do On Long Island, NY
Explore What Long Island & NYC Have to Offer!
Located in the heart of Long Island and just 40 miles east of New York City, Five Towns College is surrounded by a quaint neighborhood in Dix Hills, a hamlet in the historic Town of Huntington, Suffolk County, NY. The area boasts a plethora of things for students to see, do, and enjoy.
Here’s a partial listing of some of the highlights at the nearby parks, beaches, and places for entertainment:
- Bethpage State Park and activities can be found here.
- Dix Hills Park Ice Rink and Dix Hills Park Golf Course
- Concerts at the Northwell Health Theatre at Jones Beach can be found here.
- NYCB Theater at Westbury can be found here.
- Concerts at The Paramount in Huntington can be found here.
- Heckscher Park and the Heckscher Museum of Art events can be found here.
- Unique and delicious restaurants in Dix Hills, Farmingdale, Huntington and Melville
- Long Island Aquarium information can be found here.
- Tanger Outlets in Riverhead can be found here.
- Local movies in Farmingdale and Huntington
- Eisenhower Park events can be found here.
- Walt Whitman’s Birthplace State Historic Site can be found here.
- The Vanderbilt Museum information can be found here.
- Walt Whitman Shops can be found here.
- Robert Moses State Park can be found here.
- Other beaches: Crab Meadow Beach, Hobart Beach, West Neck Beach
- Sunken Meadow State Park can be found here.
- Annual Craft Fairs and Festivals
- Long Island East End activities, including the Hamptons scene and beaches
- New York City by train (LIRR) and Big Apple events
- Much more