Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) provides a broad range of services to New York State residents who, because of educational and economic circumstances, would otherwise be unable to attend a postsecondary educational institution. Each HEOP institution must ensure that HEOP students are provided with sufficient academic support services, tuition assistance, supplemental financial assistance, and full need packaging to enable them to successfully complete the institutional components required for graduation. http://www.nysed.gov/postsecondary-services/higher-education-opportunity-program-heop
- To maintain the student in our program until successful completion of an academic degree.
- To provide equal access to a college education for any eligible student.
- To provide on-going academic advisement as the student progresses towards a degree.
- To provide counseling for academic, personal, and career path decision-making.
- To provide tutoring support in all subject content areas.
Students applying to HEOP at Five Towns College must be:
- A resident of New York State for one year.
- A high school graduate or a GED recipient.
- Inadmissible to Five Towns College under regular admissions criteria.
- Economically disadvantaged as defined by New York State guidelines and verified by appropriate documentation.
- A transfer student from an approved New York State Opportunity Program.
- Motivated and demonstrate potential to be successful in post-secondary studies.
Every potential HEOP student may apply to the college through the admissions process or by contacting the HEOP Office directly for further information. The HEOP Office reviews all potential candidates to ensure compliance with New York State· guidelines. Financial Aid must be filed with all supporting documentation. Transfer students must provide verification of participation in another opportunity program.
The HEOP staff interviews all students who meet the academic and economic guidelines. College Placement tests are scheduled on the same day as the interview. There is a limit on the number of students admitted into this program, so students are encouraged to apply and complete the steps in the admissions process as early as possible for the upcoming year.
HEOP Summer Bridge Program
HEOP students are required to participate in an intensive summer program in preparation for the academic year. These students transition into the fall semester as full-time college students. Program staff emphasizes study skills, personal development and career planning throughout the student’s academic career, but more intensely during the first two years of attendance.
Proper documentation of all financial information is required to determine the eligibility and availability of aid for each student. The Financial Aid Office creates a reasonable budget using a variety of resources to cover the student’s academic expenses. Contact email@example.com for more info.
If you are interested in learning more about HEOP at Five Towns College please contact:
- Staff email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Phone: (631) 656- 3102
- Staff Fax: (631) 656-3183
Please contact Admissions at email@example.com for more information about HEOP as well.