The Office of Public Safety is responsible for college campus security and safety, collaborating with the Office of Residence Life and local police and fire departments. Students are advised about security matters, policies, and procedures at several orientation sessions. They receive written and online notification about rules, regulations, policies and laws that apply to them at the college. Together with the Office of Public Safety’s supervision and oversight, the members of the college community are safe and secure.
Five Towns College is proud of its Office of Public Safety. The safety and security of the campus is of paramount priority. Public Safety Officers are on duty 24/7/365 in addition to the other campus safety measures in place.
Further, all students and personnel should complete and submit the Emergency Notification and Contact Form. An updated interactive form is available here: https://www.ftc.edu/emergency-notification-and-contact-form/.
In accordance with the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990, the College collects information regarding campus security and alcohol and drug abuse. This information is available to all current students and employees. Campus crime statistics may be accessed at the U.S. Department of Education website or obtained from the Director of Public Safety.
To reach the Public Safety Office, dial ext. 2196
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Public Safety is located in room 302 in the Main Building.
Informational Downloads (PDF)
- Annual Security Report & Annual Fire Safety Report with 2018-2020 Crime Statistics (2021-2022 Academic Year)
- Data Security Policy & Procedures
- Guide to Emergency Preparedness
- Evacuation Routes
- Fire Extinguisher Locations
- First Aid Kit Locations
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Fire Sprinkler Notification
- Biennial Report: Drug Free Schools and Campuses Regulations
- Online Emergency Notification and Contact Form
- FTC Emergency Notification Enrollment Form
- Title IX: Intake Worksheet
- FTC Campus Guide
- Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan