Transfer Students

College Transfer Students

Whether you’ve just graduated from a two-year college or are switching from a four-year college, Five Towns College makes the transfer process easy.

#1. Transfer students can enroll everyday.

#2. The online Application has a few short steps to submit.

#3. All you need is your transcript, letter of recommendation, and a new path to your Bachelor’s degree awaits! Pre-recorded auditions and portfolios can be submitted online for Interactive Computer Graphics, Film/Video, Music and Theatre.

#4. Stay close to home and focus on the academic courses you love!

#5. Eligible students may qualify for Scholarships and Financial Aid.

Five Towns College prides itself on being a transfer-friendly college. The staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure that your transfer process is as seamless as possible. Often times, students from local community colleges as well as from other four-year institutions choose to transfer to Five Towns College.

For instance, some reasons students transfer include:

  1. They want to stay local or close to home;
  2. They were lost in the crowd at a larger institution;
  3. They wanted to switch academic programs and realized that the creative offerings at Five Towns College were what they loved;
  4. They felt the warmth from a small institution and it seemed more supportive; and/or
  5. They wanted a small college at a reasonable tuition rate that their families could afford.

College Transfer Credit Requirements

  • College credits earned at other regionally accredited institutions or in the Regents College Degrees Program with a grade of “C” or higher may be considered for transfer credit. A maximum of 60 credits may be granted for students wishing to receive a Baccalaureate Degree and 30 credits for students wishing to receive an Associate Degree.
  • Entering freshman who have completed college coursework while still in high school are required to have their official college transcripts sent to the Admissions Office in order to be considered for credit. Credit is awarded for grades of “C” or higher.
  • In addition, if an applicant has attended any of the schools/colleges that Five Towns College has an Articulation Agreement with, there is a smooth transfer of credits as well. The list of Articulation Agreements, that may also provide possible scholarships for qualified applicants, is available if you click here.
  • Depending on the program of interest, an audition/portfolio may be required. At this time, a pre-recorded submission is acceptable. Click here to read more.



Advanced Placement

Advanced Placement (AP) credit will be granted by Five Towns College to qualified students based on a score of 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement Examination. Official score reports must be forwarded to the Admissions Office from the College Board in order to be granted credit.

Credits for IB (International Baccalaureate) Programs

Students who graduate from a High School International Baccalaureate Program may request and be granted transfer credit for courses completed and for which they have received a grade of at least a “B.” The transfer credit request must be made in advance of admission to the College. Decisions on such transfer credit requests are made on a case-by-case basis. The high school at which the course was taken must be accredited by a federally authorized regional accrediting organization (e.g., the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges).

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives students an opportunity to demonstrate prior learning and to earn credit for that knowledge. Five Towns College allows matriculated, high-achieving students to use the CLEP Program to move past introductory-level coursework and to move onto more advanced and challenging courses.

Other College Credits

Students who have taken college classes while in High School through another institution may also have earned college credits to be considered by Five Towns College. Official transcripts of those credits should be forwarded to the Admissions Office for decisions on a case-by-case basis as well.