GRADUATE MUSIC STUDIES INCENTIVE (GMSI)
Graduate Music Studies Incentive for Five Towns College Students Graduating With Bachelor of Music Degrees (Mus.B.)
As an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the College is proud to share information about the Graduate Music Studies Incentive (GMSI)-an opportunity only available to Five Towns College graduating seniors who have earned a Bachelor of Music degree (Mus.B.). The GMSI is a relatively new initiative that our graduates have opted into recently and enjoy. Note: For students graduating with undergraduate degrees in music from other colleges that do not have graduate music programs, please click here.
- The College will offer a Graduate Music Studies Incentive (GMSI) to those graduates who choose to continue their studies during the 2021-22 Academic Year in a Master of Music (M.M.) degree program.
- A grant in the amount of $19,000 per year, or $9,500 per semester means the tuition is $2,950 per semester or $5,900 for the year. Without the GMSI, tuition would be $24,900 for the academic year. Additional fees apply.
- When you enroll in the program, an additional grant will also be provided so that you may complete six (6) credits over the summer without any additional tuition expense. By taking two summer classes, you will be on-track to graduate with a Master’s degree next year in 2022.
The Music Division offers five Master of Music (M.M.) degrees. They are:
1. M.M. Composition
2. M.M. Music Education
3. M.M. Music History
4. M.M. Music Technology
5. M.M. Performance
Please note: To be admitted to the M.M. in Music Education program, applicants need a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education. Additionally, students need at least 36 credits of applied music courses with a 3.0 GPA overall.
To participate in the GMSI program, you must:
- Meet all of the requirements set forth herein; and
- Begin your studies by either the Summer or Fall 2021 semesters; and
- Maintain full-time status during both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
Additional academic requirements are set forth in the Five Towns College Catalog.
Through the GMSI program, the College seeks to engender graduate study without increasing student debt levels. Thus, if you choose to participate in this program, please note that student loans will not be available to cover your balance.
This is limited opportunity, only provided to current graduates of the College who seek to begin their studies immediately after graduation. Given the current economic circumstances, now might be the perfect opportunity for you to consider this initiative. We hope you will!