Greetings Educators & Guidance Counselors!
Five Towns College has created an on-site venue just for you to get to know us better! We hope to share interesting and relevant content so you can learn more about us. And, we hope that you will advise and inform your students about why Five Towns College may be a great fit for them, too!
Please contact Admissions@ftc.edu for a Representative to participate in your school’s College Recruitment Event or to speak with your students.
Top Level Information
Introducing Early Action#1 and Early Action #2
- Students are encouraged to Apply Early and submit all required documents so that an Admissions Decision can be made as soon as possible. Eligible accepted students would then qualify for an Early Action Incentive Grant. If they do this no later than December 31, 2020, they will qualify for Early Action #1 which is a grant of $1500. If students miss that date, but apply by March 1, 2021 and submit all required documents by then, they will qualify for a grant of $1000. Five Towns College students and their families have readily opted to Act Early!! Please encourage your students to do so, too.
- For other students, FTC accepts applications for admission on a rolling basis.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION:
- Students should submit:
- the online Undergraduate Admissions Application (the $35 application fee will be waived);
- a Personal Statement (a 150 word description of why they want FTC);
- all High School and any College Transcripts (sent directly to the Office of Admissions or complete an online Request to authorize FTC to do so);
- One Letter of Recommendation is required (a letter from a guidance counselor or teacher is preferred sent directly from them);
- Pre-recorded Auditions/Portfolios may be submitted online from Applicants for the Music, Theatre, Film/Video or Interactive Computer Graphics programs. Details are available here: https://www.ftc.edu/audition-portfolio-requirements/;
- An admissions interview may be requested for some applicants, but is not required.
- SAT or ACT scores are optional.
COMPLETE FAFSA AND APPLY EARLY!
Federal and New York State
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be submitted online at FAFSA. An FSA ID is required for the FAFSA for every student and for the parent of dependent students.
- When helping your students file FAFSA, please have them use:
FTC School Code 012561
- New York State residents who complete the FAFSA online will be linked from the FAFSA confirmation page to an online application, or you can complete a state aid application online or go to: https://www.hesc.ny.gov
- Five Towns College HESC Codes: Undergrad: 2075; Graduate: 5810
- Financial Aid is available for students pursuing all degrees at our college.
- Students and families are welcome to file financial aid applications in our office We are proud to share that approximately 94% of all FTC students receive some financial assistance.
- FTC students are eligible to participate in all Title IV Student Financial Assistance programs, including Pell, FSEOG, FCWS, and the Direct Student Loan Program. New York State residents may also participate in the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the Enhanced Tuition Assistance Program (ETA).
- Five Towns College administers more than two million ($2,000,000) in private grants and scholarships to deserving students each year.
- Five Towns College provides ample scholarship opportunities for eligible students based on merit, talent or need. Each accepted student is reviewed for scholarship eligibility; there is no separate application necessary.
Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) is a program for students defined by NYS as academically and economically disadvantaged. Click here to learn more: https://www.ftc.edu/student-life/heop/. Eligible students who may benefit should be directed to contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting Nominations for AY 2021-22
WHAT IS IT?
- Five Towns College demonstrates its commitment to the community with the L.I. Superintendent’s Scholarship. Through this initiative, one qualified candidate from each high school receives a scholarship equal to half tuition.
- Five Towns College is proud of its role as a partner in educating Long Islanders.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Scholarships are available to any high school graduate who is academically meritorious and seeks to earn a baccalaureate degree at Five Towns College.
- Each Superintendent may nominate graduating seniors from each high school.
- The Five Towns College Scholarship Committee will then select one graduating senior from each high school to receive this prestigious award that will cover half the cost of tuition each year.
- The Nomination Form for the Superintendent’s Scholarship is available by calling Admissions at (631) 656-2110 or email email@example.com .
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
- Completed scholarship applications must be returned to the Office of Admissions no later than December 31, 2020. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
- The student must remain enrolled full–time and achieve a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. to maintain the Scholarship. The Scholarship is not transferable.
- Five Towns College reserves the right to package this scholarship with other forms of student financial aid, but guarantees that half of all tuition payments will be covered for four (4) consecutive years of study.
- You can start by visiting Five Towns College on Naviance.com
Five Towns College Hosted Virtual Events
- Five Towns College Hosted Virtual Educator Events
- Tuesday, October 27 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (RSVP above)
- Five Towns College Hosted Virtual Events for Students
- Wednesday, November 18 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 9 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
NACAC and Other Virtual College Fairs
- All American High School Film Festival (AAHSFF) College Fair
- Thursday, October 1st – Sunday, October 11th (All Day, Every Day) – Click here for FTC Booth.
- iHeartMedia New York Virtual College Fair-Z100
- September 30-October 18; Click here for more.
- NACAC Virtual Fairs (and/or go to virtualcollegefairs.org) on:
- Monday, October 12 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, November 8 from 2p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Remember to tell your students to check out the Five Towns College booth, attend Sessions and view videos, too!
- Our campus has reopened! Currently, our institution has classes and administrative operations both virtually and on-ground. We are following all requirements of the CDC, WHO, and NYS; and, while Suffolk County, NY reports, perhaps, the lowest Covid infection rates in the country at 1% or less, our institution remains vigilant to the existence of the pandemic and to enforcing strict protocols, including wearing face masks, social distancing, using hand sanitizers and hand-washing.
Virtual Tour or Campus Visit
- We are eager to meet you in person, too, when you are ready. Kindly contact us to set up a campus tour for yourself, your colleagues or students through our Admissions Office at email@example.com. In the meanwhile, enjoy these videos that strive to give an insider’s look to academic programs, campus life and our creative community!