Greetings Educators & Guidance Counselors!
Learn More About Five Towns College!
- Five Towns College is celebrating 50 years of educating Long Islanders! Through the years, thousands of students have benefited from our academic programs. Over time, our institution has grown in size, expanded academic offerings, and achieved standing among nationally accredited institutions. Five Towns College has a practical approach to learning, technology is embedded into the curricula, and creative students thrive here.
- Tuition is the most affordable on L.I. for private institutions and there is a generous scholarship program.
- Top level information is included below as well as some relevant and interesting videos, too!
- Learn how a small, specialized and serious campus can inspire college-going students! Five Towns College is a great option for those who want to stay close to home, have a full college experience, and athletics are offered, too!
Schedule an appointment for an Admissions Counselor to visit your high school virtually or in person. Contact Admissions@ftc.edu or make an appointment for a campus visit. Open House Dates/Virtual Events are being scheduled. Together, we can continue to support graduating seniors find their best fit for college. Call Admissions at (631) 656-2110.
Top Level Information
APPLY EARLY FOR FALL 2023!
Early Action Incentive Grant -Fall 2023 Applicants: Act Early!
- For Fall 2023, students are encouraged to Apply Early and submit all required documents so that an Admissions Decision can be made as soon as possible. Eligible accepted students would then qualify for an Early Action Incentive Grant. If they do this no later than December 1, 2022, they will qualify for the Early Action Incentive Grant of $1500. Five Towns College students and their families have readily opted to Act Early!
- For other students, FTC accepts applications for admission on a rolling basis.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION:
Students should submit:
- The Online Undergraduate Admissions Application (the $35 application fee will be waived);
- All High School and any College Transcripts (sent directly to the Office of Admissions or complete an online Request to authorize FTC to do so, or upload to portal); and
- Pre-recorded Auditions may be submitted online from applicants for the Music and Theatre programs. At this time, applicants for Spring and Fall 2023 are not required to submit portfolios for Film and Television or Interactive Media Arts programs. Also, Music and Theatre applicants may submit the online application and transcript and may receive contingent acceptance subject to a successful audition. Details are available here: https://www.ftc.edu/audition-portfolio-requirements/.
- An admissions interview may be requested for some applicants, but is not required.
- SAT or ACT scores are optional.
COMPLETE FAFSA AND APPLY EARLY!
To contact the Financial Aid Office directly call 631.656.2164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal and New York State
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be submitted online at FAFSA. An FSA ID is required for the FAFSA for every student and for the parent of dependent students.
- When helping your students file FAFSA, please have them use: FTC School Code 012561
- New York State residents who complete the FAFSA online will be linked from the FAFSA confirmation page to an online application, or you can complete a state aid application online or go to: https://www.hesc.ny.gov
- Five Towns College HESC Codes: Undergrad: 2075; Graduate: 5810
- Financial Aid is available for students pursuing all degrees at our college.
- Students and families are welcome to file financial aid applications in our office. We are proud to share that approximately 94% of all FTC students receive some financial assistance.
- FTC students are eligible to participate in all Title IV Student Financial Assistance programs, including Pell, FSEOG, FCWS, and the Direct Student Loan Program. New York State residents may also participate in the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the Enhanced Tuition Assistance Program (ETA).
- Five Towns College administers more than two million ($2,000,000) in private grants and scholarships to deserving students each year.
- Five Towns College provides ample scholarship opportunities for eligible students based on merit, talent or need. Each accepted student is reviewed for scholarship eligibility; there is no separate application necessary.
NYS Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
The NYS Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) is a program for students defined by NYS as academically and economically disadvantaged. Click here to learn more: https://www.ftc.edu/student-life/heop/. Eligible students who may benefit should be directed to contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
L.I. Superintendent’s Scholarship: Nominations are being accepted for the Fall 2023!
WHAT IS IT?
- Five Towns College demonstrates its commitment to the community with the L.I. Superintendent’s Scholarship. Through this initiative, one qualified candidate from each high school may receive a scholarship that covers up to half of the cost of tuition.
- Five Towns College is proud of its role as a partner in educating Long Islanders.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Scholarships are available to any high school graduate who is academically meritorious and seeks to earn a baccalaureate degree at Five Towns College.
- Each Superintendent may nominate graduating seniors from the high school in their School District.
- The Five Towns College Scholarship Committee may then select one graduating senior from each high school to receive this prestigious award that may cover up to half of the cost of tuition each year.
- The Nomination Form for the Superintendent’s Scholarship is available below or by contacting Admissions at (631) 656-2110 or email@example.com.
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
- Completed scholarship applications must be returned to the Office of Admissions.
- The student must remain enrolled full–time and achieve a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. to maintain the Scholarship. The Scholarship is not transferable.
- Five Towns College reserves the right to package this scholarship with other forms of student financial aid but states that up to half of the cost of all tuition payments may be covered for four (4) consecutive years of study if all eligibility criteria are met.
Read more about the L.I. Superintendent’s Scholarship or nominate by clicking here
Naviance or High School Visit
- Visit Five Towns College on Naviance.com! If you don’t have access to Naviance in your high school, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Admissions at (631) 656-2110 to schedule a Zoom or in-person visit from our College. It would be our pleasure to educate you more about our academic programs.
Upcoming Events: Learn More!
On-Campus Open Houses dates are available here.
Five Towns College is welcoming educators, guidance counselors and prospective students to RSVP to our Open Houses: On-Campus & Virtual or to schedule a Campus Visit at their convenience. Please contact Admissions at (631) 656-2110 or click here.
Other Upcoming Virtual College Fair Events:
Check with Admissions@ftc.edu or your High School Guidance Offices to learn how to attend.
NACAC Virtual College Fairs
College Fairs Online
- Remember to tell your students to check out the Five Towns College booth, attend Sessions and view videos, too!
Our College is open!
- Our campus is open! Our current policies are under Public Health Bulletins, here.
Virtual Tour or Campus Visit
- We are eager to meet you-whether it be in person or virtually-whatever you are comfortable with, we are here! Appointments for Campus Visits are now being made by contacting our Admissions Office at email@example.com or call (631) 656-2110. In the meanwhile, enjoy these videos that we have selected for you that give an insider’s look to academic programs, campus life and our creative community!