Five Towns College Theatre Arts Division Welcomes Prospective Students at the Unified Auditions!
Get Creative @ Five Towns College! Earn Your College Degree (B.F.A.) in Acting,
Musical Theatre or Theatrical Design and Technology at Five Towns College
Five Towns College is participating in the Unified Auditions (UA) in NYC and Chicago this upcoming academic year.
- FTC Theatre Chair Dr. Krasner will be at the Unified Auditions in NYC. These are scheduled for Saturday, January 27, 2024 and Sunday, January 28, 2024 from 8:40am-5:40pm. They are scheduled at the Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Avenue, NYC, Room 16A.
- FTC Theatre Chair Dr. Krasner will be at the Unified Auditions in Chicago, IL. These are scheduled for Monday- Thursday, February 5-8, 2024 from 8am-6pm. They will take place at The Palmer House Hilton, 17 E. Monroe St., Chicago, IL 60603 in Salon I.
Five Towns College Unified Audition Requirements:
- Performance / training resume
- Head shot (should not exceed 8×10 in size)
Acting Audition Guidelines:
- Applicants are asked to present two contrasting, two-minute, memorized monologues from works of established playwrights, including at least one contemporary selection
- Choose a character that is close to your age range
- The monologues should be realistic (no dialects and/or character voices)
- Monologues must be fully memorized
Musical Theatre Audition Guidelines:
- One song, memorized and prepared
- There won’t be an accompanist, so please bring devices to play the music
- A contemporary monologue — no longer than two-minute in length — that must be chosen from a published play by an established playwright. See acting audition requirements.
You will receive ACTING and SINGING COACHING at the audition.
We want you to evaluate us as much as we evaluate you. Providing you with coaching allows you to see how we work.
We look forward to meeting you and for you to learn more about us-on our campus, or virtually- at your convenience!